Friday, December 25, 2009

Sugar Free

The following post has no intention of hurting any sentiments.. Rather I felt that it was something funny & beautiful... this is me looking inside the asylum as the "expat" wife! so read on

So, we had a nice dinner at one of the restaurants @ KLCC and were walking about looking for some
"healthy" (snicker!) dessert... what do we see.. a Dunkin Donut!! I clomp in.. look at the selection at the counter... hear a diminutive "may I help you?", look up and ask this lovely lady for a sugar free Donut........... She looks at me and says, "What?" , I say, "Sugar Free Donut la"... she says.. "one minute", I wait...... I can see her conferring with a senior... serious discussion.. lots of gestures and eye rolling.......


So comes back this young lady.. and says, "What you want?", and me.. not ready to give up yet... ,says.. "Sugar Free Donut".... She cocks her head to one side and gives me a look which says, "there are Strange people in this world!", walks over to the donut case, takes out the fattest , whitest, sugar dusted donut and says........ "You buy this la... you pay for donut... sugal flee!"


Hmm... so this happened like, more than a year ago.. at that time my knowledge of Bhasa was limited to makan and terima kasih... I cursed, I laugh... but.. why do I mention it now?? Yesterday I went to GSC @ Mid Valley to see a movie and was at the counter waiting for my pop corn and this guy comes back and says that there is no salted pop corn and that I should take the caramel one.. and before I can say anything.. this girl, who is at the next counter.. looks at me, smiles and says, "No la... caramel pop corn no sugar free.. you give her corn in a cup.. that sugar free!" and gives me a thumbs up! I just stand there looking at her.. and she says.. I met you at Dunkin Donut last year.. You made me realise the meaning of sugar free, remember me?!!!!

Life.... What can I say

No comments: