Friday, December 18, 2009

A Sad Day

Note: OK well I am not really someone who is a blogger! just trying my had at it to see if I really do remember how to write outside of my work anymore

There are so many times, when I sit and bitch about how hard life is for me.... That I have to cook.. and clean.. and that I am don't have a full time job and that I have to sit in traffic jams, that my maid comes once a week... etc.. you get the pic right? but then some stuff happens, which puts my life in perspective and makes me realise how lucky I am... For anyone from Nasr.... it's like. "count your blessings and name them one by one" kinda moment.




Yesterday was a day of sad news.... In the morning, a friend messaged and told me that another friend from college was mentioned in the obituary column :( It was a shocking moment because I "chatted" with her on Face book just a few days ago!! Turns out that she was suffering from Lung Cancer and had been in the hospital for 3 months, but only her closest people knew. Am not going to eulogise about how well I knew her.. and what great friends we were etc.. because the truth is that we were in the same class in college and then later connected via Facebook and kept in touch.. but when I heard about her and how brave she had been, it humbled me! Here was a woman in obvious pain and someone who knew she did not have much time left, but still went ahead and was concerned about everyone around her and did not tell many people about her suffering because she did not like complaining!




Before that and even for a long time after that it was a happy day.. a friend from Germany , came all the way from Glasgow to meet me (yes.. figure that out!) and we went around and had a fun time discovering Menara and BB and KLCC etc... but then we got news that her brother was involved in a fatal accident and had to rush her to the airport and onto a plane back home instantly.. and although she was crying.. not once did she complain or gripe about anything... she was so graceful.. so composed, though you could see she was paining , breaking inside.. I hope she is OK right now.



It's amazing how short life really is.. you think you can do without anyone.. you feel that you are capable of giving up anyone or anything and then something happens to a person on the periphery of your life and bang wham! you realise that you are NOT an island....



Hmmm.... It is a day I will NOT be forgetting for the longest time yet.. the next time I start griping.. am going to remember these two remarkable

No comments: